RSS

26 Aug

nothing to sayI have nothing to say this week.  How sad is that?  (Well, sad to me, possibly not to you . . . )  Seriously, I have been sitting here for almost a full week (although at the moment it seems much much longer) fingers poised over the keyboard, determined to start my next post and . . . nothing.  Nada.  Not a single idea.  (Well—not a single idea that I think anyone else might be interested in reading.  I have been tired and cranky all week but I didn’t really want to write tired and cranky things here—there is enough of that in the world already.)

So, rather than berate myself, I am just going to acknowledge the fact and give myself a break (you could probably use a rest from me anyway) but I thought it only polite to let you know that nothing would be forthcoming today—just is case you thought I was being rude and ignoring you all.  (You don’t really think I would do that . . . do you?)

I don’t even have any new ‘artistic insights’ to share with you (I haven’t done my art class homework this week either—sigh—head drops to chest) but, by way of compensation (although I am not sure that is the right word) here is a quick sketch I did last weekend, before the malaise descended.  I hope it will suffice until I can drag myself out of the mire.  (A slow weekend of chocolate, wine and cuddles with my girls will work wonders I am sure . . . )

See you all next week.  X

P.S.
‘Word Count’ has just informed me that it has now taken 289 words to tell you I have nothing to say.
George Eliot must be turning in her grave . . .

img066

8 Comments

Posted by on August 26, 2016 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , ,

8 responses to “‘Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.’ George Eliot.

1. stevetalbot51

August 26, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Your “nothing to say” and sketch were well worth reading/viewing Sal.
    Enjoy your relaxing – and hopefully therapeutic – weekend 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Pam Talbot

August 26, 2016 at 5:44 pm

IReminds me of Seinfeld Sal – a TV show about nothing! 😆 I’m sure inspiration will “strike” again soon!

Liked by 1 person

3. Judy

August 28, 2016 at 7:23 pm

I did creative writing course once Sal with Kate Llewellyn and she started by writing on the board The Muse is Haughty…guess your Muse has just “gone fishing”…….

• sallyinthehaven

August 29, 2016 at 7:29 am

Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later . . . Hopefully said Muse has had sufficient rest this week and will soon be back on her game. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Tina

September 16, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Acknowledging a break is good. Hope you get out and about and find some inspiration. PS we all have these moments.

• sallyinthehaven

September 17, 2016 at 8:20 am

Thanks. It took me a moment to realise that I was the only one putting pressure on myself to write something every week. Once I acknowledged that I felt fine about taking some time out. Sometimes a bit of a breather is all we need . . .

5. yydgqup@gmail.com

May 5, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I just want to mention I am just all new to blogging and actually loved this web blog. Probably I’m going to bookmark your website . You surely come with excellent posts. Many thanks for sharing with us your blog.
    faux cartier love bracelet size 17 http://www.fashionlovebangle.cn/fr/